Sunday, August 12, 2007

Look After Your Sewing Machine

How does your sewing machine look at the moment?
If you were to get it out and look at it closely what would you see?
Let me guess. Is it dusty? Is your needle worn? Can you even remember the last time that you replaced the needle? Do you have lint and fluff built up around the bobbin area?
Don't worry you're not alone. I'm the first to admit that I don't take very good care of my sewing machine. After reading an article about sewing machine maintenance by Sally Hickerson I realized that my trusted companion could really do with some cleaning and maintenance.
Sally outlines some basic guidelines for sewing machine maintenance:
1 - Keep it covered
2- Change the needle often
3- Wind bobbin correctly
4 - Clean regularly
Whoops I'm guilty on all four accounts. How do you rate? In fact I think I had better go right now and follow her suggestions. Click here if you would like to read about how to look after your sewing machine a bit better. It may last for years and years to come if you do.
Until next time.
Warmly Lenna
www.stitchingcow.com

1 comment:

Peter said...

Nice share, thanks for posting

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails