Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Quilt Sayings

Do you collect little sayings, words of wisdom or verses for your sewing projects? I know I do. I have a little book that I write them in. When I need some meaningful words for a quilt label or as a feature verse for a stitchery or quilt, I turn to my little book with confidence.
Here are a few quilt sayings that I thought you might enjoy.

Bit by bit, putting it together…
Piece by piece, only way to make a work of art,
Every moment makes a contribution,
Every little detail plays a part,
Having just a vision’s no solution,
Everything depends on execution,
Putting it together, that’s what counts.
(Stephen Sondheim 1930)

Asking a quilter to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage

Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts.

I am a material girl. Wanna see my fabric collection?

Friends are like fabric - you can never have too much.

Quilters affect eternity: they can never tell where their influence stops.

Click here for lots of other quilt sayings that I know you will enjoy.

Happy quilting!
Lenna

No comments:

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails